Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Since the weather here in gorgeous San Sebastián is starting to get a little chilly, I wanted to bake something that reminded me of Fall.  And being from New York where apple picking is a fundamental childhood memory, these muffins were the perfect thing!  I also wanted to use my fancy new silicone muffin molds.  Thanks, once again to the Asian Bazaar for supplying me with all the bakeware I could want at ridiculously low prices.  These muffins aren't sweet so if you prefer them a little sweeter I would add more sugar.  And according to a friend of mine, I'm on a little bit of a "cinna-binge", but the flavors of apples and cinnamon couldn't be more reminiscent of fall so I hope you forgive me! These muffins also stay super moist because of the apple inside. And one last thing, this marks my second baking success while having to convert measurements to grams! Woo!

Ingredients
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar depending on how sweet you want them
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt 
4 teaspoons baking powder 
3/4 cup milk
1 apple peeled and finely chopped
2 tablespoons cinnamon

These muffins are SO easy!  The hardest thing about them is peeling the apple and that takes about a minute. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.  Add flour, eggs, salt, baking powder, milk, and chopped apple pieces..  Using a ladle or big spoon, put the batter in muffin molds.  This recipe should yield 12 good sized muffins.  Bake in preheated oven for twenty five minutes or until done.  About ten minutes before the muffins are done, open the oven, and sprinkle a tiny pinch of cinnamon on the top of each one.  If you do it any earlier the cinnamon will burn. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!

By the way, I seriously recommend getting silicone bakeware. You don't need to grease it, you don't need those paper muffin cups and literally NOTHING sticks to it! I was amazed.  Below is a picture I just wanted to put up of San Sebastián the other night around dusk.  Isn't it pretty?




No comments:

Post a Comment