Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Fruit Pops

Summer Fruit Pops
What better way is there to cool off on a hot summer day than with a frosty, fruity ice pop? None, I don't think. Instead of putting plain fruit juice into these bad boys I mixed up a quick batch of summer fruit salad with a side of fresh lemonade and poured it right into my ice pop molds. Frozen fruit has an icy texture that is just so satisfying, especially when surrounded by sweet lemonade. I love my ice pop molds because when the juice starts melting, you can sip it up through the straw and you don't miss out on one drop of delicious flavor!

Ingredients
Handful of blueberries
Handful of strawberries, hulled and sliced
Handful of raspberries
10 grapes, halved
1 cup water
1 lemon
2 teaspoons sugar

If baking is not your thing but you still really want to impress your summer guests, these pops are the way to go. Not only are they delicious and refreshing, but they're beautiful to look at too! Put the fruit in a bowl and mix lightly with a spoon. In a separate glass, juice the lemon and add the water and sugar. Use the spoon to place the mixed fruit into your ice pop molds, making sure that it is equally distributed. Then, pour the lemonade over the fruit until it reaches a little below the top. Replace the popsicle sticks and place in the freezer for four hours or overnight. I usually run some hot water over the molds before removing the ice pops so that they slide out easier. Enjoy!

I roped my cousin Sam into modeling for me, he's a natural!


No comments:

Post a Comment